The following writing is a summary of the 'Time Well Spent' research project. The project Time Well Spent looks at facilitating a...
A multi-sensory sleep-inducing experience for mindful users to meaningfully ease excessive recreational screen use. This experimental tes...
Research Structure Qualitative and quantitative research methodologies were applied to this study, which is broken down into 3 phases....
Click here to read the previous post for better understanding of terms, findings and results. Eye-masks by: Shane, Jessalynne, Charis, A...
Following this post, we have installed the audio module to Arduino. First we tried the small speaker that came with the audio module, howev...
A few terms to familiarise before I share the follow-up findings. 1. ERSU: Excessive Recreational Screen Use 2. Intrinsic needs: Emotion...
For the sleep experiment, quantitative data is collected to support the qualitative data . I met up with Ricco on 25th March, he generate...
After the installation , the light is ready for testing. I didn't pass my dad the Arduino set-up so he was unable to test if his contr...
After  cutting the acrylic sheets , the next step will be using dri-bit to create an opening for the sensor and an opening at the back fo...
As shared in  this post , I couldn't cut the acrylic sheets without the proper tools so I had to ask my dad for help. He has a Jig Saw ...
I had to resort to manual work when I received news that I can't access the workshop and studios for a week, which means I won't be...
For the light effects to be more prominent and significant, I inserted 3 folds of LED lights into the resin case. Thus, a shield to block th...
After both pieces of resin cases are done with wet sanding , including their side seams flat and smooth, I matched the seams and taped them...
While testings are being carried out , I decided to refine the light prototype to display for Viva exhibition and Lasalle Show. Currently, ...
The sleep experiments were carried out from 28th Feb to 21st March . We alternate between 2 watches to save time. When the 1st participant i...
For Viva set-up, I requested to use another room as I didn't want to take up too much space in our studio. Cassandra offered me 3 r...
A design process developed from the early exploration when the  ‘Themes for Application’ framework  is applied during phases 1 & 2. ...
To motivate users to minimise ERSU and facilitate opportunities for meaningful recreational screen-use, there were several themes of study t...
Hypothesis: Meaningful recreational screen usage can take place if the following human needs are considered and motivated: (1) Fulfilling em...
After testing with 6 participants of the focus group and learning that the set-up is suitable and ready to be incorporated into the bedtime...
After refining the prototypes, I proceed to do a multi-sensory experience testing with the focus group. The participants are from the same...
After discussion , we have finally decided on the final music track for the multi-sensory experience testing. Here are the 2 tracks: 1. Mu...
Blogger Template by pipdig