Friday, February 21, 2020

DIY Sleeping Eye Mask Tutorial

As part of my 'Reinforcement' layer to support user's journey of meaningful recreational screen-use, I have created another open source tutorial.

Previously my multi-purpose blanket tutorial was considered too challenging so this time I made sure that this new DIY tutorial is achievable and suitable for beginners.

I started brainstorming for ideas while keeping the following requirements in mind:
  • Product can be hand-sewn or machine sewn so beginners can try too
  • Consider using materials that be repurposed from home items so people don't have source for materials
I consulted Dr Richard on sleeping products that may be helpful, he shared that a sleeping eye mask is good to have as Singapore is the most brightly-lit country. After some consideration, I feel that making a sleeping eye mask is easily do-able with things I can find from the house and people could start with that.



Materials required: 
Old cotton shirt
Old towel or pet's fur as batting
Rubber bands (4 to 5)
Safety pin
Needle and thread

DIY challenge level: 1/5
This eye mask can be completed without a sewing machine

Patterns and step-by-step instructions can be found here
I have shared this tutorial with all the participants that have played the Are You Indistractable card game as well as the 8 participants who are at the Enaction stage now.

I will touch base with all of them again in end March to see if anyone has taken initiative to try this tutorial and make their own sleeping eye mask.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig