Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Design Brief #2: Blanket Attachments Part 4

I'm testing out the fidget play attachments after material sourcing. I'm thinking to create something similar to a fidget spinner that can help to clear a person's mind and help them relax.

This is what I came up with:
A rotary phone spinner that works like a fidget spinner, testing out the mechanic with paper and elastic
 I'm using felt to create the phone, I used cups to draw the circles
Cutting the dial, the plate is reinforced with 3 layers of felt, the cutting is quite challenging.

Using embroidery thread for the numbers

Creating the handheld piece
 The mechanic is created using elastics so its soft and suitable for blanket
 I rolled the elastics into a felt piece and secure them by handstitching
 I used embroidery thread to go through the funnel and pierce through the dial, I also reinforced the back with an additional felt piece.
 Testing out the pulling and tension with the elastic placement, I stitched the elastics down once the position is confirmed.
 Using zig zag stitch to finish the edges of the phone
 I used another fabric and placed the right sides together to finish the edges
I added the polyfill for the top piece (to be inserted into the blanket pocket)
This is how it works. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig