Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Design Brief #1: Card Game V2 Playtest Part 2

I wanted to get critical feedback from professional card/board game designers so I reached out to Daryl on Meetup to see if I can do a playtest with his board game community. He is also the co-founder of Origame, a company that designs and publish modern Asian board games, for Asia and the world. Daryl was also the advisor for 'The Singaporean Dream' card game. I'll also be checking with him on card game printing vendors. I did a playtest with Daryl and Yingjie.


Here are their comments:
  • This is a party game, so keep it no longer than 40 minutes. 
  • Combine Crack that & Guess what & Challenges all into a deck. Have Easy, Intermediate, Difficult challenges
  • Give more points for challenges to encourage them to try. Higher risk high reward - 8 points - 10 points. 
  • Have no more than 6 players otherwise the rest may be bored during downtime, unless you can think of something for them to do. 
  • Draw 2 cards, play up to 2 moves. 3 moves is too many.
  • For analog version, use track card instead of buttons
  • Daryl also welcomes me to join their community gathering in November for V3 playtest.
I asked the both of them to help me with an evaluation after the playtest. Click to see the findings in another post. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig