Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Design Brief #2: Inspiration Shopping - Sleep Over Screens

I went to different furniture stores to look at existing bedroom products and from time to time, I would also keep a lookout on interesting objects for inspiration.

Muji, ION Orchard
Iuiga
Universal Studios Singapore, Metro, Paragon
I was at the toy section at USS and I saw many tactility elements that may be useful. 
Universal Studios Singapore
Crate and Barrel, ION Orchard
Muji, ION Orchard
I was observing the water reflection at dinner one day and I found it to be very therapeutic, which I recall as a familiar sight during swimming. 

Personally I find the 'Relax' exercise on my Fitibit watch very effective, it can hypnotise me to sleep, I was wondering if it could be projected on the ceiling and that's when I found Dodow, a sleeping aid that sits on your nightstand and slowly projects a rhythmic glow onto your ceiling. Focusing on the light helps clear your mind, slows your breathing, and relaxes your body so you can quickly, peacefully drift off into a deep, restful sleep (Sleep Gadgets). 



There are also many similar products out there that project ocean / sky to ease children to sleep.

Left to right: Infmetry, Ruyin, Ohuhu
Dodow has a fair bit of positive reviews on Amazon and some of the negative reviews talk about how the light is placed at the side, thus light projected on the ceiling is not directly above the eyes, some says that the light is too strong and bright. So I thought what if I can project the light from my watch? Would a projector watch work? My uncle shared a video on how some Chinese phones have incorporated an inner projector. 
However I decided to scrape the idea of a projector watch after discussing the idea with several people, Jason feels that he would want to tuck his hands underneath the blanket when he sleep, some worry that a projector watch may not have enough power to project the light on the ceiling. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig