Sunday, November 3, 2019

Design Brief #2: Sleepy Music Bluetooth Beacon

Following this post of 'Sleep Inducing System', I'm testing out several experiments and one of them is a bluetooth beacon, I am developing this app with Jason.

Basically this beacon is to remind user that its time for bedtime and it will automatically detect and trigger the mobile app to play soft and calming music to induce sleepiness and prep user to relax in the background, while they do their pre-bedtime routine - brushing teeth, etc.

We started with 2 android phones to test the APK. Jason is away for 2 months and he only has a phone so we had to work remotely, on my side I did debugging and we were trying to make the apps detect each other.

After 6 versions, it finally worked.  On the right is the beacon while the left is 'the user's phone'. Turn on sound to hear the music.

Next, I'll be working on the specifications to include in the app.

Special thanks to Evy and Shane for lending me their phones for testing. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig