Monday, October 14, 2019

Design Brief #2: Research - Sleep Over Screens

My design brief #2 looks at personal wellness through self-care and sleep by building therapeutic tools and screen/tech sensible environments.

According to Global Wellness Institute, the global health and wellness industry will grow by 800 billion dollars by 2023 as modern consumers are increasingly making wellbeing a top priority.
the sleep economy is also booming. The global wellness economy is valued at $4.2 trillion, according to the 2018 Global Wellness Economy Monitor report. Alongside this growth, the definition of health is expanding, as seen on JWT Intelligence here, and here.

Based on BBC research, it is expected to reach 84.9 billion by 2021 as more people find it difficult to switch off and need help to have a restful sleep.

After Residency and Public Seminar, I refined my research framework to:
I started off by looking at bedroom objects and their functions.

I also did my research on traditional methods, natural remedies and current sleep technology, with information from Tsoy.

I'll be running a preliminary verbal survey with my students tomorrow to better understand sleep habits and if they have used any sleep aids before.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig