Sunday, October 27, 2019

Design Brief #2: Questionnaire on Understanding Sleeping Habits

Previously I did a preliminary verbal survey with 25 responses, and now I require more data before really deciding which products to work on so I decided to run a questionnaire to understand more.

Target market:
People who can sleep but choose not to sleep and would rather play phone but they are willing to change / improve sleeping habits. These are people who are glued to screens, thus leading to bad sleep.

Not my target market: People who already have sleeping problems and are using phone to pass time by (this is a bigger problem: stress or depression or anxiety that I am not targeting to solve)

Till date, there are 96 responses, nobody knows the product I may be designing, I have no clue myself as to what I want to design, which is why this questionnaire is so important.

 
 
 
 

Any hacks/quirks to induce sleep or help you sleep better? Eg, chamomile tea, sleep tracker, soothing music, yoga, meditation, etc

  • Music
  • Meditation
  • Reading and stres and mood relief supplements
  • Exercise for more than 3hours
  • Use the washroom before going to bed
  • coughing medicine
  • Light ambience
  • I can sleep anytime.
  • Tea
  • Meditation and breathing
  • Scented candle
  • Lack of sleep
  • Dont play phone
  • Podcasts
  • Close eyes and don't think
  • Working out
  • Keep your day busy. Very tired at the end of the day. Can fall asleep immediately
  • earmuff
  • White noise
  • drink milk
  • Melatonin tablets
  • Watching a boring video and listening to quiet instrumental music
  • empty mind and regulate breathing
  • Ambient lighting
  • Melatonin
  • I always set music playing for 15mins when I’m getting ready to sleep
  • A glass of red wine
  • They don’t work
  • Think about random stuff
  • Fatigue
  • I can fall asleep very easily without anything else, but if something can help me fall asleep faster, would be a cool temperature (aircon)
  • symphonic music or hot water
  • Nature Sounds
  • hot bath before sleep?
  • Melatonin
  • exercise during the day
  • Lie ur back on the bed and put leg up against the wall.
  • To have a room to myself
  • Not applicable too. Have no problem sleeping. :)
  • Sound of water/wave, Meditation
  • soothing music
  • alcohol
  • sleep music, drink chamomile tea, lavender aromatherapy
  • Read a boring book
  • Watch video/show with low audio volume, and close my eyes.
  • Soft music
  • Smooth, silky and soft bedsheets
  • Be tired
  • Breathing exercises or aromatherapy
  • Read books
  • I use eye mask so it blocks out unwanted lights from outside
  • Music or scrolling down to fb
  • Room must be cold enough
  • Music/TV
  • Coldness
  • Fan/aircon, ambient noise, stretching before sleeping
  • Alcohol
  • A good pillow
  • Melatonin. Night light.
  • Soothing music, calming tea
  • Music or a really boring show
  • Make yourself tired
  • Use the fitbit sleep help
  • Sing myself to sleep
  • Soothing music
  • Don’t use phone before you sleep
  • music
  • Scented candle
  • Soothing Music, Yoga savasana , Aircon to cool body down faster
  • I will usually sleep with a podcast on using my earphones. Something about people spewing nonsense and blabbering makes me just doze off.
  • Air-con
  • Meditation
  • Green Tea, soothing music
  • sleeping with an empty stomach
  • Be sleep deprived
  • chamomile induces sleep. or you can just go listen to uni lecturer. jokes aside, i think that most activities which drains your energy can help one sleep better. ie sports, staying up late, waking up early, etc
  • Instrumental worship music
  • Tiredness

From these data, I will start to shortlist objects to focus on.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig